Sony today started rolling out Android 5.1 Lollipop to the entire family of Xperia Z2 and Xperia Z3 devices. That includes the Sony Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact, Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact, Xperia Z2 and the Xperia Z2 Tablet.
Still to come are the Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra within the coming weeks. Sony then continues with the Xperia T2 Ultra and Xperia C3. That will roll into the very first Xperia Z series, and they’ll wrap things up with the Xperia M2 and Xperia M2 Aqua after that.
It’s nice to see Sony has already figured out a clear roadmap for upgrading their fleet of devices to Lollipop, and that they’re making nice on bringing the upgrade to every single Xperia Z device they’ve ever released (and then some). Here’s what’s coming in case you haven’t been keeping up:
- Increased customisation options – so you have even more control over the way volume, silent modes and your alerts function
- Brand new LinkedIn integration – be more productive with intuitive contact synchronisation in your Calendar
- Camera improvements – with faster, more accurate Superior Auto Mode focus for great images, regardless of conditions
- Enhanced enterprise support – with our latest Xperia in Business features for work
- SmartWear integration – selfie snapping made that bit easier, with SmartWatch 3 as a remote shutter button
Of course, exact timing for rollout varies from market to market and carrier to carrier, so you’ll want to stay tuned to your carrier’s plans to know when your device will be in line to receive it.