After Samsung Galaxy Note 4 owners on AT&T were treated to Android 5.0.1 Lollipop earlier today, it appears Galaxy Note 3 owners are also joining in on the fun. We’ve received reports of the Galaxy Note 3 also receiving Lollipop under build number LRX21V.N900AUCUEOC1. Just like on the Galaxy Note 4, the update weighs in at around 1GB, so it’s pretty hefty. Makes sense too given this is one of the biggest firmware updates to happen to Android in quite some time.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android 5.0 Software Update Includes:
- Songs, photos, apps, and even recent searches from one Android device can be immediately enjoyed across all of your Android devices.
- New User Interface look and feel, more fluid motions
- Priority mode to only allow certain notifications to get through
- Battery saving features and remaining time left to charge or deplete indicators
- Smart Lock to secure phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like a wearable or car
- Most frequently used settings available with just two swipes down from the top screen
Since the update just started rolling out in phases, it may take a little bit longer before it reaches your device. If you don’t feel like waiting for the update to ping you, you can jump into your Settings app and select the General tab, then scroll down to About device > Software updates > > and Check for updates to pull it manually (once it becomes available, of course).