The Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini might not be able to match the internal prowess of the bigger original it’s based on, but for $99 on contract ($14.30 per month on Next 24, $17.88 per month on Next 18 or $21.48 per month on Next 12) it might become a very decent option among AT&T’s lineup. The device launches March 20th, the carrier has announced.
Here’s what you’re getting for that bit of coin:
- Display: 4.5-inch 720p
- Rear Camera: 8MP
- Front Camera: 2MP
- Voice Calling: HD Voice capable
- Dimensions: 5.16 x 2.55 x 0.36-inches
- Weight: 4.23 ounces
- Operating System: Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Processor: 1.4GHz Quad-core
- Memory: 16GB internal storage, supporting up to 128GB with external microSD card
- Battery Life: Up to 20 hours of talk time and up to 10 days standby time
Not as great of a value as something like the 2nd gen Moto E due soon, but the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini has more than enough to hold its own if you absolutely must have a Samsung device. The device will be available both in-store and online, so stop into an AT&T store to check it out before buying if you’re curious about its look and feel before committing to it.