In what would appear to be a small scale comeback if we didn’t know better, @evleaks has dished out another juicy render for us to lay eyes on. It’s the Motorola DROID Turbo we’ve been hearing so much about. Verizon is expected to reveal the device on October 28th, and the Motorola-made wonder is poised to be their best DROID yet.
The renders don’t really show us anything we didn’t already know about the device. It looks like a DROID, especially that classic Verizon Red model and all the Kevlar shining through on the back. We do get a very clear look at the front of the device which seems to boast a very prominent speaker grill. Shots of the device’s backside don’t turn up any rear-facing speakers so it’s possible the front speaker will be doing the heavy lifting for all external audio needs.
A previous leak of ours gave us an idea of what to expect under the hood. Verizon will make it a point to push the following areas once it heads to store shelves:
- Its 21 megapixel camera and Quad HD (2560 x 1440) display
- Its 2.7GHz quad-core processor and software like Moto Voice, Intelligent Imaging and Zap Zone (for beaming photos to friends, to nearby TVs or quickly capturing screenshots using voice and sending it off to whoever you want)
- 48 hours of battery life (thanks to a 3,900mAh battery) and the ability to get 8 hours of life with 15 minutes of charging through the Motorola Turbo Charger
- Metalized Glass Fiber build materials coated with Kevlar fiber, water resistant repellent coating, Corning Gorilla Glass
- 32GB of internal storage and more
And with that — plus the news that the Nexus 6 will be made available for all major US carriers — Verizon customers have found themselves with some tough purchase decisions in the weeks and months ahead. Let us know if you’ll be looking to grab this once it’s made available later this year.