At a media event today in NYC, Samsung has been giving a first look at the fresh-out-of-the-oven TouchWiz UX for the Galaxy Tab 10.1 to member of the press. It was also announced that the update, which will overhaul the user interface of the currently stock Honeycomb Tab 10.1, will begin rolling out to the general public beginning this Friday, August 5th. The update will feature many enhancements and tweaks, including,
- Live Panel: Magazine-like widget view for immediate access to weather, social updates, email, news, photo gallery, all on the home screen. The visual layout of Live Panel is completely customizable for one-touch entry into each user’s most important information.
- Mini Mode Tray: One-touch access to commonly used applications—Task Manager, Calendar, World Clock, Pen Memo, Calculator, Music—which overlay in a pop-up window on display screen for powerful multi-tasking.
- Clipboard: Advanced copy & paste functionality allows Galaxy Tab 10.1 users to store photos, Web pages, YouTube links, etc., on the clipboard for easy sharing via email and social network sites.
- Indicator Quick Panel: Quickly toggle on/off Wi-Fi, notifications, sound, brightness and settings in lower right hand corner of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 display.
- Photo Editor: Rotate, crop and adjust colors on high quality digital images