Need that all-important MR2 update for your Thunderbolt ASAP? You’re in luck as our friends at Android Police have gotten their hands on the leaked update file. Changes include the following:
- Fixes random reboots
- Improves GPS locking
- Improves signal strength
- Add 3G/LTE toggle in settings
- And more
Those bolded ones sound pretty sweet, but all of these fixes and enhancements are more than welcome. If you’re eager to flash this, be sure to follow the following instructions, rooted or otherwise. [Android Police, Droid Life]
*Note 1 – Rooted users, DO NOT try to flash the RUU or you will brick your phone.
*Note 2 – Non-rooted users, the RUU will wipe everything from your phone.
*Note 3 – Rooted users, you will need the new radio. [Instructions]
Download (non-rooted users): Full MR2 RUU
Instructions (non-rooted users):
- Download the full RUU from above, and re-name it to PG05IMG.zip
- Place PG05IMG.zip on the root directory of your SD card (not in a folder).
- Turn off your Thunderbolt.
- Holding Volume Down and then Power simultaneously until the phone boots into the bootloader.
- The file should begin flashing the update immediately.
- Wait, up to several minutes, for your device to reboot.
Instructions (rooted users):
- Flash the new radio we’ve listed in “Note 3.”
- Download one of the ROMs from above and place it on your SD card.
- Boot into recovery from ROM Manager.
- Create a backup.
- When that has finished, “install zip from sd card” and choose the ROM you downloaded.
- Install it and enjoy a stable device.