We already learned pretty much everything there was to know about the Sharp Aquos Crystal, when the phone was officially announced for Sprint earlier today. But tonight, or own Kevin Krause is reporting live from a Sprint event where he was able to get up close and personal with the phone everyone is talking about.
Touted as having virtually no bezel (despite its unsightly large chin), the Sharp Aquos Crystal is a departure from the standard cookie-cutter smartphone design we’re all used to. Because the top portion of the phone is solid LCD display, there’s not even room for an earpiece. Instead, the entire display acts as an earpiece, allowing users to place their ear anywhere they like for crystal clear calls. Here’s a quick rundown of the specs before we get to our hands-on:
Sharp Aquos Crystal hardware specs
- 5-inch edge-to-edge HD display
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Sprint Spark LTE
- 8MP rear-facing and 1.2MP front-facing cameras
- HD Voice
- Embedded 2,040mAh battery (3-day battery life)
- 1.2GHz quad-core processor
- 1.5GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage
- Harman’s Clari-Fi audio technology
The Sharp Aquos Crystal will be available later this year in either black or white varieties from Sprint for $240 straight up, or $10 a month with Sprint Easy Pay. Boost Mobile and Virgin Mobile will also get their versions of the phone, with the black model headed to Virgin and white to Boost — both for only $150+tax. Not bad.
- Lollipop on 3.3% of devices
- LOUD: S6 vs S5 Audio
- The beautiful Huawei Watch
- Google Play birthday deals
- Check out the Sharp Aquos Crystal forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sharp Aquos Crystal