Recently Facebook decided to require uses to download the separate Facebook Messenger app in order to read and send messages. Facebook Messenger is actually a really nice app, but for anyone that doesn’t send or receive a lot of messages on Facebook this is annoying. You don’t want to download yet another app just for the few random messages you get. Luckily, for now, there is a loophole.
In order to keep your messages in the regular Facebook app there are a few things you need to do. Here’s how:
- Navigate to the messages tab from within the main Facebook app
- You should see an alert that says messages have moved
- Tap the “Get App” button which will take you to the Play Store
- Start installing Facebook Messenger, but cancel the download before it finishes
Now when you go back to the messages tab you should be able to see them all. Conversations will open inside of the main Facebook app like normal. This trick worked for us, but it’s not working for everyone. We’re not sure how long this loophole will stay open, but for now it’s a nice little trick. Did it work for you? Do you use the Facebook Messenger app? Do you use Facebook at all?
- How To: Android apps in Chrome
- Twitter to start curating feed
- Facebook Messenger supports Android Wear
- Mandatory Facebook Messenger install launching this week
TAGS: facebook, Facebook Messenger, how to