While many of us are still waiting our turn at the Sony Xperia Z2 — which, according to rumors, is still on its way to Verizon later this year — Sony could be gearing up to announce the next iteration of the flagship smartphone. Well, if these new “leaks” prove to be true.
They’re not much, but some images of the front panels from the alleged Sony Xperia Z3 and Sony Xperia Z3 Compact were obtained by the folks at Digi-wo, a site who reportedly has a good track record about these things. You’ll notice what appears to be some pretty substantial bezel around the displays. It’s nothing too major, but we can’t help but notice it looks like a step back from where Sony went with the original Z1 to the Z2.
We don’t anticipate Sony will announced a follow up to the Z2 at least until next year (possibly at CES), but the fellas at The Xperia Blog believe it could be announced as soon as IFA 2014 in September. We’ll keep a look out.
- Qualcomm's awesome fingerprint tech
- Samsung's Lollipop animations
- Android Booth at MWC 2015
- Galaxy S6 Edge display features
- Check out the Sony Xperia Z3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Sony Xperia Z3 Compact forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.