Leave it to HTC’s (USA) to ride in the wake of today’s Google I/O announcements. By now, it really shouldn’t come as a much of a surprise, but the Taiwanese manufacturer has committed to bring Android L to their flagship HTC One family ( HTC One M8 and originally HTC One) world-wide, only 90 days after they receive the final code from Google. Pretty sweet and should help give HTC One owners the added peace of mind that they wont be left out in the cold.
As far as other HTC devices in their lineup, they also mentioned that they’d be bringing Android L soon after to those as well, but no time frame was given. HTC’s commitment to providing Android updates is part of their “HTC Advantage”program, a set of perks HTC owners enjoy as part of their device purchase. Really, you gotta love their transparency.
- Get an unlocked HTC One M8 for $370 (reburbis
- One M8 GPe Lollipop delay
- HTC One M8 running Android 5.0 Lollipop (Sense 6.0)
- Apple iPhone One M8 [RUMOR]
- Check out the HTC One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC One M8 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Android L, Google IO 2014, HTC One, HTC One M8