After watching as soak tests began for the Motorola Droid RAZR HD /RAZR MAXX HD last week, Verizon has now posted the necessary changelogs to their support page, signaling a nationwide rollout should be commencing any minute now. The update — which also includes the Motorola DROID RAZR M — was promised all the way back in November of last year, so the road to Android 4.4.2 KitKat has been a long one.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- A new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development
- Access SMS, MMS, and video calls in one place
- Google Talk has been replaced with Google Hangouts
- Supports location-sharing and animated GIF’s through Google Hangouts
- Full-screen album and movie art appear when streaming/projecting
- Play, pause and jump to a certain song or movie chapter easily
- Less invasive status bar
- Hides the status bar until you swipe the screen edge to bring it back
Droid Zap 2.0 update
The fastest and easiest way to share HD videos and pictures
- New ZAP app interface
- ZAP is available from the Play Store
- Personalize messages with smileys, cars, animals and icons
- Android Security Patches
- WiFi has been improved
- Roaming has been improved
The update should be rolling out soon, but if you don’t want to wait around for Verizon ping you, you could always attempt to manually pull the update by jumping into your Settings and selecting > About phone > System updates > Download.
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the Motorola DROID RAZR HD forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Motorola DROID RAZR Maxx HD forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.