Looks like HTC has the desire to one-up pretty much every major manufacturer with a smartphone out right now. Some newly rumored specs for the HTC One M8 “Prime” have surfaced, and it’s definitely nothing we’re comfortable sneezing at. Here’s what we’re said to be working with:
- 5.5-inch Quad-HD (2560 x 1440) display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset clocked at 2.3GHz
- 3GB of RAM with 16GB of internal storage
- HTC 5 megapixel UltraPixel camera with 18 megapixel depth information sensor
- USB 3.0
Phew. That’s almost too good to be true. Of noteworthy mention is the camera — kind of odd for HTC to be using an 18 megapixel sensor for a secondary camera. Either the rumor is finnicky, the original source was misunderstood, or HTC really doesn’t have its head screwed on tight.
Things aren’t often 100% with these rumors — we’re still waiting on that QHD Samsung Galaxy S5, after all. You should always take these leaks with a grain of salt, but with HTC not planning to bring this thing out until September (likely to compete with the launch of the next Galaxy Note) they have more than enough time to get everything packed in right and tight.
- HTC One M8 Prime cancelled?
- HTC One M8 Prime 360-degree GIF
- Pic: HTC One M8 Prime leaks
- More HTC One M8 details leak
TAGS: HTC One M8 Prime