After word that the HTC One M8 Mini would actually come to retail as the HTC One Mini 2, we’ve finally gotten our first look at the thing. Surprise, surprise: it looks like a miniature HTC One M8. There are a few differences to note.
For starters, there doesn’t appear to be a secondary depth information camera sensor on the back, so those UFocus features from the original HTC M8 probably won’t be in play here. There’s also a single LED flash instead of the dual amber setup on the original. And while these photos don’t show it well, we’re willing to bet it’ll be missing an infrared blaster.
The front of the device is more business as usual, with those stereo BoomSound speakers ready to deliver your tunes loud and clear. The device houses the same black logo strip that everyone hates on the M8, as well.
The device is obviously due out this year, though an exact date has yet to be pinpointed. We imagine it won’t take much more than a couple of months for HTC to bring it out, but for now your guess is as good as anyone else’s.
- HTC One M8 decoy units hiding real design
- Big Android Meat and Greet
- Google Wallet spreads online
- ASUS 7-day battery smartwatch
- Check out the HTC One M8 Mini forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC One Mini 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC One M8 Mini, HTC One Mini 2