Innovation is always at the front of Samsung’s minds, and they’ve taken things to the next level with their latest product. It’s Samsung Fingers, the world’s first wearable smart glove. The glove has a display embedded in the palm, which is ultra flexible thanks to Samsung’s new 3-inch Super Emo-LED display.
Its specs feature 5G connectivity, 802.11wz WiFi, a hidden 16 megapixel camera, 4GB of RAM, 32GB or 64GB of internal storage, a built-in speaker, weighs 1 gram and is just 0.2mm thin.
Samsung’s Fingers boasts a ton of great features:
- Talk to the hand: too busy to engage in a conversation with someone? Have them literally talk to the hand. A virtual version of yourself will keep them busy while you finish up whatever it is you’re doing.
- Palm-Rec: need to know if something is hot or cold? Pour it into your hand and find out!
- ThermoPad: keeps your food or beverage hot or cold, so you’ll never have to worry about drinking those drinks before they lose their flare.
- Voice and Snap amp: make yourself heard! Shout into your hand to amplify your voice, and snap the loudest snap that a man has ever snapped. Neato!
- Solar charging: there are no wires to plug in. Simply lift your hand to the sun and watch those battery levels rise.
There are also several gestures you can perform, natch. Cross your fingers to reject a call, make devil horns to make a call, and use the universal hand signal for telephone to accept a call.
For you pranksters out there, a “pull my finger” function will make a sound of flatulence. Finally, you can contort your hand as if you were shooting webs out of your wrists like Spider-Man to project your display onto a surface.
Samsung Fingers is a great achievement, but it doesn’t stop there. The company also expressed plans to introduce smart socks in conjunction with NASTI, the Nationally Accredited Socks Institute. No idea what a smart sock would enable us to do yet, but we’ll be keeping our eyes detailed. Head to the source link for the obviously fake presser.
- April Fools 2014 Roundup
- Pokemon arrive on Google Maps [VIDEO]
- Google Glass rental was an April Fools joke,
- Nexus 6 has a hidden RGB LED light
TAGS: April Fools, Samsung Fingers