Sony never beat around the bush when it came to Android updates for their Xperia line of devices. Back in November, they made clear their plans to update specific devices to Android 4.3. In December, we saw the Sony Xperia Z, Sony Xperia ZL, Sony Xperia ZR, and Sony Xperia Tablet Z all receive their update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean — now it’s time for Sony to make good on the rest of their promise.
According to Sony Mobile’s Twitter account, the Sony Xperia T, Sony Xperia TX, Sony Xperia V, and Sony Xperia SP are now scheduled to receive their updates to Android 4.3, only later this month or early next. This is only a few months shy of Sony’s originally stated December release, but sometimes delays happen. We get it.
Once again, the Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z Ultra and Xperia Z1 are all confirmed to receive Android 4.4 KitKat, although Sony was mum on release timing. If less official sources prove correct, the folks at AndroidSAS have it on good authority that Android 4.4 will hit the Sony Xperia Z1 beginning in February. The update is said to bring improved camera performance, along with a battery enhancing “STAMINA mode.” As with any software updates, 4.4 will be subject to carrier approval.
- Sony confirms Android 4.3 updates for its lat
- Sony Xperia SP now up for pre-order
- Sony Xperia devices will soon support PlaySta
- Sony Xperia SP and Xperia L officially unveil
- Check out the Sony Xperia TX forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Sony Xperia T forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.