Verizon Wireless has officially announced the Verizon Ellipsis, a 7-inch Android tablet that they can finally call their own. This thing, said to be launching November 7th for $250, likely isn’t going to blow your socks off, but should be a nice option for those who want an affordable Android tablet equipped with Verizon’s 4G LTE radios.
We still don’t know what sits inside this device, so we’ll just have to take Verizon’s word for it being a great tablet that can do great things (work with me, folks). They did let loose that the display is “HD,” though no exact resolution can be had at this time.
Verizon curiously mentioned that this is the “first product from Verizon Wireless in the Ellipsis family,” which would suggest more tablets (or even a smartphone) could be on their way at some point down the line. That said, we’d rather learn more about this little guy before worrying about other products that may or may not already be in the pipeline.
- Verizon Ellipsis tablet now available for $25
- HTC now giving away 100GB of free Google Drive storage to select devices
- Sony Xperia Z3 leaked in copper alongside E Ink SmartBand
- Verizon HTC One M7 receiving Android 4.4.3 this week
- Check out the Verizon Ellipsis forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.