It was back in January that rumors began to mount regarding Huawei and their attempt to reclaim the “world’s thinnest smartphone” crown with a follow up to the Huawei Ascend P1 S. Well, that didn’t exactly pan out and at Mobile World Congress, we got our hands on the Huawei Ascend P2, thin, but not exactly the thinnest smartphone to date. Later rebranded as “the world’s fastest smartphone” (not sure exactly how one would measure that), we thought we saw the last of Huawei’s and their dreams of an anorexic Android. We were wrong.
Say hello to the Huawei P6, a sexy little Android device that looks to reclaim Huawei’s crown for the thinnest smartphone on the market. Leaked by the boys over at @evleaks, not much on the device is known other than rumors saying it could measure in at 6.2mm thick, and carries a 4.7-inch 720p display. The device looks to be officially announced at a June 18th event in London, and we’ll be on the lookout.
- Quick Review: Huawei Ascend P6
- Huawei working on an Ascend P6 Google Edition
- Huawei Ascend P6 goes official
- Nexus 6 wood carved mockup sized against Nexus 4 and 7
- Check out the Huawei Ascend P6 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Huawei Ascend P6