CURRENTLY HOT: Samsung Galaxy S6 Galaxy S6 Edge HTC One M9 LG G4 Nexus 6 Wallpaper Podcast
Fisheye Lens , HTC One
Best Samsung Galaxy S6 cases
Best Galaxy S6 Apps
Sony Xperia Z4 is official
Galaxy S6 vs. iPhone 6
I’ve been using the Photojojo lenses with my Galaxy Nexus for a while and they’re great! I was just thinking the other day how it might work on the One since it has a slightly curved back. Looks like there’s no problem!
interested in purchasing one; mind a few questions? (if no = blast it all, if yes = proceed)
1) does the lens fit nicely with a phone case?
2) tried any really weird photospheres yet?
3) good connection for the magnet or do you have to be careful how fast you turn the phone as it’s attached?
1. I used it with a Mercury TPU case and a Qubits snap on case. Both allowed the lens to attach, but not as securely as it would without a case (which is how I ended up using it).
2. In my experience the distortion of the lenses did not bode well with Photosphere. The effect I got wasn’t to my liking so I never used it after the first try.
3. Like I said in #1, you may want to take extra care when using with a case. Without a case, I think you’ll be fine. The magnets are pretty freakin’ strong. You can dangle the lens an inch or so away and it’ll connect.
Love how adventure time is in the background :-)
Wow Chris you must have a really good job as you make a lot of mobile related purchases
I also live in my parent’s basement. O_o
He also works for a mobile related field. I hope he would spend his personal cash on mobile related tech. CHRIS WHY R THERE SO MANY H8’ers?
*dusts shoulders off*
Nothing wrong with that, both my parents have passed away, stay with them as long as you can, you will never regret it.
You don’t think he actually bought those do you?
LOL!!! This is nothing more then a 50 cent Chinese lens with a bad brand name attached to it. You can buy this same lens in wholesale orders of 100 for only a few bucks more then they sell one lens for.
Orrrrrr… you can get all 3 lenses via Amazon for $10 like was already stated in the post.
I still don’t understand the need for a fisheye lens. I’ve never thought “I wish everything was distorted so it’s harder to tell what’s happening.”
I bought the full 4 lens set on AliBaba for €12 and they work beautifully on my ASUS Padfone 2.
As a former photog, 16mm is generally full frame with a diagonal field of view of 180 degrees. If this adapter had that I buy it for sure.
I was wondering attachable lenses would come out for phones. This is at least showing that the idea is out there and people are trying.
I think making the phone a little thicker and having the lenses able to be screwed in would make this product much better; it would require some cooperation from the OEMs though.
Oooooooooor they could just make a special case with the threaded area around the camera hole on the case.