The US isn’t set to get the HTC One until the end of the month after component shortages have led to a delay in the flagship handset’s launch. That won’t slow down the marketing blitz, however. RadioShack has begun receigin signage for the One and is now displaying it in stores. Specifically, the signs are for the AT&T and Sprint versions of the phone.
Should we read into the arrival of the placards as a sign that the device could launch sooner than expected? We wouldn’t hold out hope for that option. What is revealed, however, is a deal that will score new buyers signing up for a new 2-year service plan a $50 Google Play gift card. RadioShack is also offering a whopping $10 off the phone’s $199 on-contract pricing.
T-Mobile will also receive the phone, but RadioShack is no longer a vendor for that carrier. Verizon, which does do business through RadioShack, is officially not receiving the One, though recent rumors indicate otherwise.
- PSA: something broke voice calling on some HT
- T-Mobile pushes out software updates for HTC
- Verizon HTC One M7 receiving Android 4.4.3 this week
- HTC One gets Android L port
- Check out the HTC One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC One, RadioShack