Key Lime Pie hasn’t had an official announcement, but an insider is already tipping us off to the select group of Samsung devices set to receive the new version of Android. As expected, the list currently includes only Samsung’s high-end devices from the past year, including the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S4 as well as the Note 2, Note 8.0, and Note 10.1.
All is not lost for owners of older or lower-specced Samsung devices. The Samsung Galaxy S2, Galaxy Note, and a plethora of other devices are set to receive Android 4.2.2, the latest version of Android currently available. Of course, the list comes with no expected delivery dates, so users might not see the updates until well after Google announces their new Android build.
Google is expected to debut Android 5.0 at this year’s Google I/O, which takes place at the end of May. It is unlikely OEMs will start to deliver Key Lime Pie until later in the summer.
- Sony uploads strange video
- Android Auto could come pre-installed in some cars
- T-Mobile Nexus 5 and 6 getting Android 5.0.1 today
- Sprint Nexus 5 gets Android 5.0.1
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.