The Android Overload is where we stash all of the stories/articles/news bits that didn’t make it onto our front page (some, for more obvious reasons than others). In any case, just because they weren’t featured doesn’t mean they aren’t worth taking a look at. In fact, there’s almost always a little something here for everyone. So, take a look around and let us know if you find anything interesting.
- Redbox Instant is now officially open to the public. Unlike Netflix, sole focus will be on movies titles, not TV shows. [GigaOM]
- HTC One will be coming to Verizon Wireless, says a source familiar with the situation. All just rumor for now. [AllThingsD]
- HTC’s CMO Ben Ho joins in on the fun. Bashes the Samsung Galaxy S4 calling it “more of the same.” [Engadget]
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 receiving Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update on Verizon Wireless (software version JZO54K.I915VRBMA3). Thanks, Anon!
- The Samsung Galaxy S4 can easily print documents, photos, and web pages directly to HP printers. Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 will receive this functionality in a software update later this year. [HP Press Release]
- Wanna see what the Samsung Galaxy S4 looks like when completely dismantled? I know you do. [IT168]
- Intel-powered XOLO (not to be confused with YOLO) X1000 offers a 4.7 -inch display, 8MP camera and a 2GHz Intel Atom processor for $370 in India. [XOLO]
- Samsung announced 2 new co-CEO’s, President Boo-keun Yoon and President J.K. Shin. [Samsung Tomorrow]
- Sony Xperia ZL gets FCC certified. Loses the textured backing we saw from the model at CES. [Engadget]
- 35% of Android apps in China are secretly stealing user data. TechCrunch believes it’s another sign of Google’s lack of control, but I don’t see it as a bad thing. Shows Google’s hands-off approach with Android, its open sourced-ness, and is the sole reason it’s dominating smartphone market share. [TechCrunch]
- Deal: Watch Transformers for free
- Galaxy S6 Camera Pro Mode
- Hands-on: Nokia N1 tablet
- GS6 finger scanner logs into websites
TAGS: Android Overload