NTT DoCoMo’s biggest announcement was the LG Optimus Pro, but the phone will be joint by 10 other smart devices as part of the carriers early 2013 lineup. Announced devices include the Huawei Ascend D2, NEC Medias W, and the Sharp Aquos Phone EX SH-04E. DoCoMo will also stock two tablet models, the Sony Xperia Tablet Z and Huawei dtab.
The theme of DoCoMo’s 2013 selections seems to be the big screen, with the smalls device (the Medias W) rocking a 4.3-inch display. Four phones, including the Sony Xperia Z, feature 5-inch displays. Interestingly, the Huawei Ascend D2 announced for release by the carrier features a 4.7-inch screen, which is smaller than the version we saw announced at CES.
The new line will start hitting shelves this month, with both the Sharp SH-04E and Panasonic Eluga X dropping during January. The entire crop of new phones will arrive by the spring. For a complete list of new devices and specs, check out the source link below.
[via NTT DoCoMo]
- More Sony devices get KitKat
- Sony Xperia themes will get more assets
- Tablet photographers rejoice! Sony has a QX c
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean rollout begins for Son
- Check out the Huawei Ascend D2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Sony Xperia Z forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.