Update: I previously incorrectly mentioned the deal is available on an upgrade to the Note 2. It is available on an upgrade to the original Note, or the Galaxy S III.
Here’s a not-so-bad deal for all our UK based readers who are planning to upgrade to either the Samsung Galaxy S III or the Note 2: if you trade in your old device, Sammy will throw in a Galaxy Tab 2, worth GPB 299 (or $475 based on the current exchange rate). Unfortunately, as with all these deals, some gloss is removed on reading the terms and conditions. The deal is offered to only those with either the Galaxy S II or the iPhone 4 or 4S, while the rest will have to cough up some additional dough to get the Tab 2.
If you were to ask me, I’d suggest selling your device on Craigslist or something, and picking up the GBP 159 Google Nexus 7 instead. I’m pretty certain you’d be left with some additional cash.
- Cryptophone detects fake cell towers
- Verizon Galaxy Note 2 gets KitKat
- No KitKat for 3G Galaxy S3
- Sprint Galaxy S3 gets KitKat
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.