Our minds were blown back when those wacky ROM devs were somehow able to port Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to the now ancient T-Mobile G1. Now, it looks they’re at it again, dusting off the G1 one more (final?) go on the latest Google dessert: Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Naturally, you shouldn’t expect much. The video uploaded to YouTube for the generations, shows the OG Google phone bursting at the seams just trying to contain the power of the Bean. Things are laggy. Things are broken. But you know what? At least we can say, “We did it.” Now, before you bury the G1 in a drawer somewhere, take her out for one more spin, would ya? For old time’s sake…
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Android 5.0.2 factory images now available fo
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- T-Mobile’s other Super Bowl plans inclu
- Check out the T-Mobile G1 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: T-Mobile G1