Verizon’s history with Google Wallet has been tenuous, to say the least, with speculation that disagreements between the carrier and Google over the mobile payment service were a sore spot with the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The more recent Samsung Galaxy S3 also lacks Wallet support when paired with Verizon’s network, but thanks to a newly developed hack the NFC-enabled phone can now make payments with the best of them.
The hack comes courtesy of Mike Beauchamp and Dustin Evans and of course requires a rooted handset and a little bit of experience tinkering with the software of an Android phone. After some tweaks you’re on your way to buying breakfast at McDonald’s or wherever you choose to go cash and card free. If you want to give it a for yourself, check out the link below.
- Deal: Watch Transformers for free
- Galaxy S6 Camera Pro Mode
- Hands-on: Nokia N1 tablet
- GS6 finger scanner logs into websites
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S3