Motorola’s MOTOACTV smart/fitness watch just got a little smarter today after Motorola officially revealed a new software update for the accessory. A ton of stuff was added like the addition of new Twitter and Facebook plug-ins, as well as more detailed workout planning for all you health nuts out there. Here’s the full rundown of what you can look forward to in the 7.2 update:
- New Views, More Options for Golf – Added tee location options, more choices for ball lie marking and the ability to track the distance of your putts. We also extended the club distance range in Clubs Profile to better accommodate more players.
- More Flexible Workout Planning – You can now define your targets for each stage of any activity including running, walking, cycling and more. If you’re a runner, you can set a moderate warm up pace for the first 15 minutes, kick it into high gear for the next 30 minutes, and then set the pace for a 10 minute cool down.
- New Heart Rate Choices for Fitness Zones – You can now have dedicatedheart rate zones for any activity. Specify which types of zones you’d like to use for each workout (basic, Carmichael or custom). Allow MOTOACTV to update your max heart rate, or stay in full control by manually updating your zones and heart rate metrics.
- See Facebook and Twitter – Get wall posts and tweets directly on your MOTOACTV.
- Start Key Is Now a Smarter Key – If your display has gone to sleep while you’re working out, wake it up by pressing the start key.
- Add More Custom Activities, Better Accuracy – Add and track as many new activities as you want – quickly and easily, and know that your calories burned are even more accurate than ever.
- Better Views of Your Post-workout Map – Zoom in and pan out on route details after your workout. Touch “Show Route” on the workout summary screen, then touch the screen to zoom in. Pressing and holding on the route screen enables panning.
- Easier Wi-Fi Network Setup – You can run, but your SSID can no longer hide! If your Wi-Fi network’s name (SSID) is hidden, you can still configure your MOTOACTV.
The update is applied over-the-wire, so just plug your ACTV into your PC or Mac to get started. I think it’s safe to say things are looking on the up-and-up for Motorola’s fitness watch. Honestly, I don’t hit the gym very often, but I have been looking for a capable Android smartwatch, and the ACTV just might fit the bill. Can any of our readers provide any feedback on the MOTOACTV? How’s the update treating you?
- HTC One M9, Galaxy S6 price
- Softcard to shut down March 31st
- GMA's 2015 mobile awards
- King of Thieves for Android
- Check out the Motorola MOTOACTV forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola MOTOACTV