ASUS is ramping up for the launch of the long-awaited Padfone three-in-one concept. The gem of Mobile World Congess, the phone within a tablet within a laptop promises to be one of the most intriguing device rollouts in a long while, but it remains to be seen if the concept catches on with the general public. ASUS is at least looking for the Padfone to catch on with business users, and is already looking ahead to a Padfone 2.
A few leaked slides from an ASUS employee strategy debriefing peg the second Padfone (represented here as the Padfone2) as a “key player” in the smartphone market. Of course, to achieve such a status the device will need top-of-the-line specs, and ASUS plans for the next edition of the Padfone to ship with 4G compatibility.
Little else is known of the device, but if it takes a page from previous ASUS releases in the Android-powered Tranfromer line we could be seeing the update sooner rather than later. The manufacturer has opted to focus less time on redesigning the external appearance of their tablet line in order to focus on update the internal specifications in a timely (if not a bit too timely) manner.
- ASUS Padfone KitKat details
- ASUS Padfone 2 receives Jelly Bean
- White ASUS Padfone 2 spotted in the wild
- ASUS announces the PadFone 2: 4.7-inch smartp
- Check out the ASUS Padfone forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the ASUS Padfone 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.