Dongle may have been a bit of an understatement when describing the hardware add-on ASUS will provide to Transformer Prime owners to correct GPS issues that have plagued the tablet since its launch. The long signal-enhancing bar will lock into the Prime’s docking port using ASUS’ proprietary 40 pin connector. The downside here is that the GPS dongle cannot be used concurrently with the keyboard dock or while charging the tablet.
The dongle will be available free of charge to Transformer Prime owners starting this week. Support for the hardware was silently pushed in a recent update to the slate.
- ASUS said to be working up Android 4.2 update
- Transformer Prime Jelly Bean update now avail
- ASUS Transformer Prime gets port of Open WebO
- Jelly Bean now arriving for ASUS Transformer
- Check out the ASUS Transformer Prime forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Asus Transformer Prime