Distributor Brightstar Corp. recently announced that it would be bringing a selection of Sony’s latest Xperia handsets to the US, likely for small regional carriers. The Xperia S and Xperia U were also named, but the Xperia P is the first of the bunch to show movement towards US shores. An FCC filing was uncovered that details the handsets quad-band GSM support and HSPA capabilities as well as WiFi, GPS, and NFC. Nothing from the FCC’s report suggests a specific carrier at this time.
The Xperia P features a dual-core processor and qHD display and joins the upcoming Xperia Ion, another US-bound Sony phone headed to AT&T.
- Sony begins Jelly Bean rollout for Xperia P,
- Sony provides updates on Xperia Jelly Bean pl
- Sony provides Jelly Bean upgrade timeline for
- Ice Cream Sandwich rolling out globally to So
- Check out the Sony Xperia P forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Sony Xperia P