There was an understandable hue and cry when Samsung announced that the original Galaxy S would not receive an Ice Cream Sandwich update. Manufacturers’ love for their custom UIs had won again, and all that Samsung promised to calm down the mob was a ‘value pack’.
But, as we all knew, the developer community wouldn’t let such a popular phone die an early death. There are a few ROMs on XDA already, and users can also now get a taste of CM9 with their nightly builds.
Do remember this is for the international (and the Brazilian) version only. The builds for the various US versions shouldn’t be that far off, though.
- From the G1 to the DROID MAXX — here
- Samsung’s Galaxy S line surpasses 100 m
- Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy S3 get CyanogenMod 1
- Coverlight aims to add LED flash to devices w
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S