Caterpillar is taking their knowledge of the construction industry into completely new territory with the CAT B10. Rugged mobile devices have long been associated with the trade and the B10 is no different, picking up IP67 certification for its resistance to scratches, dust, and water. While the CAT B10 looks as powerful as a bulldozer, its internal specs leave something to be desired. The 3.2-inch handset carries an 800MHz processor, 5MP camera with front-facing camera, and runs Android 2.3.5. We get the feeling the phone’s demographic won’t mind the lack of power. It’s pretty hard to play full 3D games while operating a construction crane.
The release is a testament to the prevalence of Android and smartphones — a nontraditional company trying their hand at mobile devices. The Caterpillar CAT B10 will be launching worldwide in late May and should be priced right around $500 off contract.
[via The Verge]
- Nova Launcher adds new app drawer animations in latest beta
- Entire library of SNK Playmore games marked down to 99 cents (limited time)
- Brazilian retailer shows leather option for Moto X+1, outs Moto G2 specs too
- Is no bezel a good thing?
- Check out the Caterpillar CAT B10 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.