Our friends at BriefMobile reported a few days ago that the Atrix 4G would soon be receiving it’s Android 2.3.x update, bringing the software up to version 4.5.141. Well, that special day for Atrix users is February 7th which just so happens to be tomorrow (today). TalkAndroid received further confirmation of this with a message from Motorola stating,
“Tomorrow [February 7th] after 12 Central/10 Pacific, you will receive a pop-up message on your phone that will mark the beginning of the software pre-release test.”
The update will bring with it the usual bug fixes as well as:
- Latest Android security fixes from Android 2.3.6+
- Bluetooth voice commands while the device is asleep
- Improvements to the Messaging and Contacts applications (unspecified)
- WiFi settings update and AT&T Mobile Hotspot usage built-in
- Increases in stability, power management
Kind of a bummer for those expecting Android 4.0 but something tells me it could be awhile before we see the Atrix receive a frosty Ice Cream Sandwich update. That is, if you forgo the easy root method and have something against CyanogenMod.
- Waze comes pre-installed
- Google+ being split up
- YotaPhone 2 launches this Spring
- Lenovo Pocket Projector
- Check out the Motorola Atrix 4G forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Atrix 4G