Meizu’s lineup of Android phones is a pretty big deal in China, and while not drawing the same crowds as the M9, the newly released Meizu MX still saw quite the turnout for its New Year’s Day launch. The smaller mob can be attributed to tighter local security and Meizu’s own efforts to cut down on folks waiting in line. Customers were asked to refrain from lining up outside of stores until they received a phone call and Meizu even offered an expenses-paid hotel stay for the first person to show up. That offer was turned down.
The launch of the MX comes with some slightly tweaked specs. The phone is now listed as having a 1.4GHz CPU as opposed to 1GHz and the camera has been bumped up to 1080p video recording. It was revealed that all Meizu handsets going forward will be available with a stock Android build or Meizu’s custom interface, though a dual-boot system this will not be. The Meizu M9 is expected to see the upgrade later this year and will be treated to the same option.
- Android 4.0 Meizu MX Quad-core launching in J
- ICS Public Beta for the MEIZU MX or M9 now li
- Quad Core Meizu MX (Exynos 4412?) Said to be
- Meizu MX Is Officially Unveiled – HSPA+
- Check out the Meizu MX forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Meizu MX