In what is normally a joyous occasion in the Android community has turned into a nightmare for some. Apparently, LG Optimus S owners who have recently updated their device to Android 2.3 Gingerbread have been reporting more bugs and issues than you can shake a stick at (that means a lot). Sprint has officially acknowledged these issues in their community forums and they let everyone know today that they are halting the update until further notice. Here’s a quick list of the confirmed issues from Sprint.
- Device no longer charging
- No access to data services
- SD card un-mounted or removed message
- Device not recognized by Windows
- Predictive text no longer works (keyboard)
These are just a handful of the problems that can be found after updating with software build LS670ZHV. Now, there are some workarounds that can be found here, but in some of the more extreme cases (like device not charging) you may have to take your device in for an exchange. So if your Optimus S suddenly prompts you for an OTA update — DON’T DO IT!
[Via Sprint Forums]
- Xperia Z4 Tablet pics leak
- Sprint teases Galaxy S6
- Google Search testing Chat feature for businesses
- Nexus 6 launching March 12th with VoLTE baked in
- Check out the LG Optimus S forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: LG Optimus S