Looks like Archos is facing some hiccups with their upcoming 1.5GHz G9 Honeycomb tablets. Apparently, Texas Instruments wont be able to keep their end of the bargain with their 1.5GHz OMAP 4 processors being pushed back until next year. This, in turn, is causing Archos to rethink their gameplan. Rather than delay the October launch of their 10-inch (and higher-end 8-inch) tablets, Archos will instead rename these versions “Turbo” and equip them with slightly overclocked 1.2GHz versions of the dual-core TI processors found in the lower 8GB model. Come next year, when TI is able to get their act together, Archos will re-outfit these “Turbo” versions with the newer TI 1.5GHz OMAP 4 processors. Make sense?
I know, it seems a bit confusing but everything else is business as usual. If you’re still interested in the lower-end, 8-inch ARCHOS 80 G9 8GB with the 1GHz dual-core TI processor, it can be purchased right now for $300 from Archos.
- Archos G9 tablets get bug-fixing update
- ARCHOS G9 Turbo tablets now shipping with Ice
- ARCHOS releases Ice Cream Sandwich for its G9
- ARCHOS Announces Ice Cream Sandwich for G9 Ta
- Check out the ARCHOS 80 G9 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the ARCHOS 101 G9 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.