This is one rumor I’m sure many have been waiting to hear about. BGR has allegedly received word from a source of theirs that Sprint will be launching the Samsung Galaxy S II in September. According to them, its name will be the Samsung Epic Touch 4G, a nod to the fact that this one doesn’t have a hardware QWERTY keyboard. They also claim WiMax radios will find some room inside the device’s chassis.
That’s all we know for now, but the timing does suggest earlier rumors of Verizon being the first carrier to get it are true. And Verizon’s said to be getting it later this month, if it means anything. Unfortunately, we don’t even have official acknowledgement from any carrier or Samsung regarding these devices’ existence. We know it’s coming, but we still feel very far away.
- The PhonePad+ turns your Samsung smartphones
- T-Mobile and Virgin Mobile Galaxy S2 get Jell
- Samsung Galaxy S3 and Note 2 will reportedly
- AOKP Android 4.2 Build 3 update brings suppor
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.