After a rocky start that saw the Eee Pad Transformer out of stock in most locations for the first few weeks of its launch, Asus is finally catching up with production. According to a report at DigiTimes, Asus is shipping over 400,000 units per month, with the number expected to rise closer to 500,000 in the third quarter. Some analysts believe that sales of the Transformer are slowing and that the device is in fact overstocked in some channels, a stark contrast to its initial launch. Still, reports claim Asus is aiming to move 4 to 5 million tablets in the second half of the year, 3 million of which could be the convertible 10.1-inch Honeycomb slate. New devices including the upcoming ASUS Eee Pad Slider will only add to the total.
- ASUS Germany Confirms Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- ASUS Eee Pad Transformer receives 184.108.40.206 OT
- ASUS pushing yet another minor update to orig
- CyanogenMod 9 nightlies now available for mor
- Check out the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer