Dell has a pretty busy year ahead of them, according to a leaked roadmap that shows their time split pretty evenly between Android and Windows products as they ramp up their mobile game. Two new Android smartphones will be coming towards the latter half of the year while there will be a total of four tablets running Honeycomb by the time CES 2012 rolls around. Oh, did we mention the two Android handsets will be running Ice Cream? Here is a look at what to expect:
- April brings us the tablet codenamed Gallo, but it will most likely be released as the Dell Streak 10. A larger slate than the Steak 5 and 7, it should have a 10-inch screen and Android Honeycomb.
- Aside from a potential update to Honeycomb for the Streak 7, the summer remains pretty quiet for Android fans, but come September we get Dell’s first Android Ice Cream handset, codenamed Hancock. A 4-inch qHD display, dual cameras, and 1080p recording are all listed as features. The picture shows a slide-out QWERTY keyboard.
- October hosts the Sterling, but little info can be gleaned from the roadmap. Possibly a mid-sized slate picking up where the Streak 7 left off.
- Even later in Q4 of the year comes a QWERTY-less, 4.3-inch display handset with Ice Cream, Millenium. It boasts dual-core processing and DLNA support.
- The beginning of 2012 sees two more Honeycomb tablets, the Opus One and Silver Oak. They should offer two different size ranges as Dell takes their Android lineup into the new year.
We are excited to see more Android from Dell, especially after a rather limited showing at both CES and MWC. Their hardware has always been pretty good, but the Android experience not so much. If at least the tablets land as stock Android devices they will definitely be worth a long, hard look.
- Dell Opus One to be Dual-Core Follow-up to th
- Check out Android M's new sound controls
- Android Milky Way
- Android M has a new launcher [VIDEO]
TAGS: Dell Gallo , Dell Hancock , Dell Millenium , Dell Opus One , Dell Silver Oak , Dell Sterling