Though analysts may beg to differ, Samsung is claiming that demand for their Galaxy Tab has been greater than expected in most markets, with a combined 600,000 units moved worldwide thus far. You may recall a report in which it was stated that Samsung had cut production of their tablet in half, but Sammy says in some areas supply has had trouble keeping up with demand. 30,000 Tabs were moved in their first week of sale in Korea alone.
The number no doubt makes the Galaxy Tab the most successful Android slate yet, as most figured it would be. With holiday sales the figure could easily jump even higher, but so far we’d call it a hit as the currently most competitive alternative to the iPad Goliath.
- Could this be Samsung’s 11.6″ Gal
- Flurry: Kindle Fire closes in on Galaxy Tab a
- Rumor: Galaxy S, Tab to Get “Value Pack
- Samsung Evaluating Feasibility of Getting And
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Tab