Unfortunate news for some in the UK: Vodafone has decided to drop the HTC Magic from it’s range of Android devices, leaving only the HTC Tattoo for now.
I just wanted to pop on and say the Magic hasn’t officially been discontinued yet, but is coming towards the end of its life with us.
To be completely honest, I don’t remember a single phone in the last few years that’s been sold for more than 12 months. Mobile technology changes so rapidly that we’re constantly releasing new devices, and realistically older ones sell less well when the newer ones come out. The HTC Magic is one of the longest running devices in our entire range, in fact I think only the Nokia 5800 has been on sale longer.
Though Voda will no longer sell the handset they have an awesome range of Android handsets due to be added to the Android Line-up including the Sony Ericsson X10, the Nexus One and the HTC Legend!
[Via Vodafone eForum]
- HTC Magic Gets Android 2.2.1 on Vodafone UK
- HTC Magic on Rogers Gets Update to Android 2.
- G1 and MyTouch Still Moving Along With Froyo
- HTC Magic to Receive Android 2.2 According to
- Check out the HTC Magic forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC Magic