Another big day for Android! Earlier today Sprint announced the HTC Hero and now T-Mobile UK has made official the Huawei-manufactured T-Mobile Pulse! The Pulse is a great looking phone, but for once it might be the service plan that everyone gets excited about. That’s because the T-Mobile Pulse is the first ever PAYG (Pay As You Go) Android Phone.
The phone will cost 179 pounds ($294 USD) up front, and then an extra 5 pounds/month for cellular service and 1 pound/day for Internet access. Considering its Android you’ll PROBABLY be wanting to pay the 6 pounds/day to take advantage of all the goodness.
I just want to give a shout out to Nicola Shenton who is Head of Handset Marketing. Ms. Shenton… YOU are one fine woman. That in no way/shape/form refers to her physical composition but rather this hilarious quote she gave to UK journalists:
“There are no plans to sell the iPhone in the UK,” she told journalists. “With Android, we don’t need the iPhone.”
Awesome. Spoken like a true Phandroid! The PAYG thing is cool and all but I’m sure you still want some details on the T-Mobile Pulse hardware, right? No problem:
- 3.5-inch touchscreen
- HVGA resolution with auto-rotation
- Quad-band GSM connectivity
- HSDPA (7.2Mbps) and HSUPA (2Mbps)
- 320 x 480 pixels TFT touchscreen display with 16 million colors
- 3.2MP camera with autofocus
- 2GB internal memory
- Qualcomm MSM7200A chipset at 528MHz
- Dimensions: 135 x 62.5 x 13.6 mm
- Weight: 130g
- Talk time: up to 210 minutes
- Standby time: up to 300 hours
Now that I’m scrouring the Press Release for location/date information it looks like the Pulse will launch in October but exactly what countries will receive it I’m unsure. Obviously it will land in the UK as the Head of Handset Marketing from the UK weighed in on having the device and I’m pretty darn sure Germany is on the list. I suppose we’ll have to wait and see where and when the Pulse…. pulsates?
Let’s pack in as much corniness as we can in 2 sentences… Hooray for Huawei!
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the T-Mobile Pulse forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: T-Mobile Pulse