According to Pocket-Lint, a T-Mobile spokesperson has said that the company, “will be offering G1 users the firmware update in April,” referring to the now infamous Cupcake Development Branch we told you about in December. Among the most treasured of additional features is the on-screen keyboard the G1 is so desperately needing at the moment.
Also onboard will be video recording, voice recording, stereo bluetooth and the ability to save MMS attachments. This is no surprise considering that the all-touch HTC Magic is launching in April and would therefore REQUIRE the onscreen keyboard that Cupcake promises. However T-Mobile was unwilling to link themselves to the Vodafone bound Magic:
“We can’t say whether this will be connected with the launch of the HTC Magic as we aren’t aware of what alternations if any they are making to the operating system”.
It looks like April is going to be a very good month for Android… so long as we aren’t getting April Fooled.
- From the G1 to the DROID MAXX — here
- T-Mobile G1 Celebrates Its 4th Birthday (That
- T-Mobile G1 Tries On Android 4.1 Jelly Bean F
- HTC G1 Receives Working Android 4.0 Ice Cream
- Check out the T-Mobile G1 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: T-Mobile G1