Social media apps are usually seen as a way of sharing what’s new in life but they are equally good at triggering nostalgia. One of the reasons for the latter is that we share so many photos and videos online that whenever we come across an old one, we instantly find ourselves reliving those memories. Instagram is one such app where close to 100 million photos and videos are uploaded on a daily basis. And since it is also a decade-old app, it has a lot of nostalgic moments to share with its users.
One such moment is the ability to check the first post that you liked on Instagram. This will be particularly nostalgic for those who are long-time Instagram users, probably even from its early days. This interesting feature is available directly from the Instagram app. You do not need to use any private Instagram viewer or third-party tool to see the first photo you liked after joining Instagram.
See the first post you liked on Instagram:
- Launch the Instagram app on your device.
- Tap your profile picture in the bottom right corner to visit your profile feed.
- Tap the hamburger icon in the top right corner and choose Your activity.
- Tap Interactions followed by Likes.
- It will show all your liked posts in the newest to oldest order. Tap Sort & Filter and choose Oldest to Newest and tap Apply to confirm the change.
- The first photo that you will see at the beginning of the grid is the one that you liked first on Instagram.
This is how you can check the first post that you liked on Instagram. You can tap on it to check when it was posted. Similarly, you can browse through the grid to check all other posts that you liked when you were new to the world of Instagram.