The Samsung Galaxy A53 is a $450 mid-range smartphone, but that doesn’t mean it has sub-par cameras. This device is actually one of the only mid-range smartphones with 4K video capture from its selfie camera, a feature that’s still pretty uncommon among $1,000 smartphones in 2022.
To see how good the cameras are, we’ve put together a Samsung Galaxy A53 versus Pixel 6 camera comparison. Google’s been known for delivering incredible camera performance from its Pixel lineup, but I think you may actually be surprised by the results. Take a look at the video and image samples below and let us know what you think of the cameras on the Samsung Galaxy A53.
Samsung Galaxy A53 & Pixel 6 camera specs
- 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (main), 1/1.7X”, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 123˚ (ultrawide), 1.12µm
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 5 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- 32MP (selfie)
- Video: 4K@30fps (main, ultrawide and selfie)
- 50 MP, f/1.9, 25mm (wide), 1/1.31″, 1.2µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 17mm, 114˚ (ultrawide), 1.25µm
- 8 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (selfie)ide), 1.12µm
- Video: 4K@30/60fps (main, ultrawide), 1080p@fps (selfie)
Samsung Galaxy A53 versus Pixel 6 image comparisons