The new Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra will be showing up in stores in a few days. If you’re not yet sure if it’s the right device for you, we’ve gone out and captured more than 100 photos with the phone’s four cameras in different lighting conditions to see how they perform in everyday use.
As you might expect, the main highlight with the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra is its 108MP main camera that can record video at up to 8k/24, but the device has a total of four cameras on the back with an impressive periscope camera featuring 10x zoom. Samsung has also improved the selfie camera on the S22 Ultra, delivering sharper images and much better video.
Pre-order the Galaxy S22 Ultra (get $250 Samsung credit & a free memory/RAM upgrade)
Overall, the hardware on the Galaxy S22 Ultra gives Samsung an edge over the competition. The results from this camera test show that it’s definitely the most versatile smartphone on the market when it comes to capturing photos and videos. Make sure you take a look at the video and sample image gallery below to see how the cameras perform in the real world.
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra camera specs
- 108 MP, f/1.8, 24mm (wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm,
- 10 MP, f/4.9, 230mm (periscope telephoto), OIS, 10x optical zoom
- 10 MP, f/2.4, 70mm (telephoto), OIS, 3x optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm, 120˚ (ultrawide), Super Steady video
- 40 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (selfie)
- Video: 8K@24fps (main), 4K@30/60fps (all others)
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra camera samples