In the days of old, Samsung was one of the more egregious offenders when it came to providing lackluster updates for its wide array of smartphones. But this is 2021, and Samsung has seemed to turn a new leaf in the software and updates department. Between the end of last year and now, Samsung has not only updated many of its current handsets to Android 11, but there have been even more updates that add some functionality (looking at the Galaxy Z Fold 2).
Today, Samsung has pushed yet another update to the Galaxy S21, but this includes more than just the latest monthly security patch. Samsung is also including updates for things like the Camera app, Samsung Messages, and a few more bug fixes. Here’s a look at the entire changelog:
- The performance of Camera has been improved
- Overall device performance has been improved
- The security of your device has been improved.
- After updating, you will not be able to downgrade to the old software because of updates to the security policy.
- Version: G998U1UEU2AUB6 / G998U1OYM2AUB6 / G998U1UEU2AUB6
- Size: 369.25 MB
- Security patch level: March 1, 2021
If you want to check to see if an update’s available on your Galaxy S21, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
When the update arrives, it will prompt you to download it, and then once it’s been updated, you will be able to either install it right away, or schedule it to be installed at a time that’s more convenient.
It’s entirely possible that Samsung is continuing to fine-tune the auto-focus, along with enhancing the overall experience. Have you received the update yet and noticed any significant differences yet? Let us know in the comments below. Oh, and if you’ve been holding off on grabbing the S21, now’s the perfect time to pick one up, as you can save $100 on the base model, and up to $200 on the S21 Plus and S21 Ultra.