The budget-friendly Pixel 4a isn’t really that impressive when you look at its hardware, when when it comes to taking pictures, it’s bested some of the most popular Android phones of 2020. The question is, can the Pixel 4a take on the iPhone 12 and come out ahead? We’ve put together a Pixel 4a versus iPhone 12 camera comparison to answer that question.
In terms of camera hardware, the iPhone 12 and Pixel 4a both keep things fairly simple, but the Apple smartphone has a clear advantage thanks to its three 12MP camera sensors on the front and back. To give you an idea of how these two smartphones perform while taking photos, we captured images and videos in different lighting conditions so you can see how they perform in everyday use. Take a look at the photos and videos below.
iPhone 12 versus Pixel 4a camera specs
- 12 MP, f/1.6, 26mm (main)
- 12 MP, f/2.4, 120˚, 13mm (ultrawide)
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 23mm (selfie)
- 12.2 MP, f/1.7, 27mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.0, 24mm (wide), 1.12µm
- Video capture: 4k/30fps (main), 1080p/30fps (selfie)