A Google smart display like the Nest Hub and Nest Hub Max has a ton of uses around the house. Whether you want to find recipes, watch some YouTube while working on something else, or even just show info like time and weather while you’re getting ready for work, they’re a great part of the smart home.
However, despite supporting multiple streaming services to enjoy while cooking or working on things, the most popular streaming service has been missing all this time. Netflix and all of its fantastic exclusives were inaccessible to smart displays, until now. Google has announced full support for Netflix on the Nest Hub and Nest Hub Max, and it’s surprisingly easy to get it running.
- Launch the Google Home app
- Hit the + icon in the top left of the home screen
- Under “Manage services” hit Video
- Link your Netflix account (or any other video services you’d like to use)
Netflix “OK Google” Commands
Now you’ll be able to launch Netflix on your smart display using the following commands:
- “Hey Google, open Netflix” – this will open Netflix on the smart display and allow you to scroll through the app and select your favorite movies and shows.
- “Hey Google, play Stranger Things on Netflix” – this will open Netflix and start playing the “Stranger Things” show. You can replace the title with any other show or movie available on Netflix.
With the Nest Hub Max, raising a hand towards the display will pause and resume playback without touching the display in case your hands are dirty. Once you’re done with the smart display, it can cast the show to your TV so you can continue watching your series in comfort.
This puts Google smart displays just another step above the competition. Amazon does not have Netflix support for its smart displays, nor can they play YouTube. If you haven’t picked up a smart display for your kitchen or workbench, it’s as good a time as ever.