When we reviewed the Sony WH1000XM3 noise-canceling headphones earlier this year, the only main drawback was the $350 sticker price. While the headphones offer one of the best audio experiences we’ve tested in years, most people simply can’t justify spending that much money.
Fortunately, that barrier to entry has dropped significantly thanks to a massive price cut on Amazon, offering the Sony WH1000XM3 (renewed) for $229.99 with free Amazon Prime shipping. For those who don’t know, Amazon’s “renewed” products are similar to refurbished products you would find on other sites. The Amazon Renewed Guarantee offers 90-day refunds or product replacement and promises that the headphones will look and work like new.
If you’d rather spend a little more and purchase a new pair of Sony’s headphones, Amazon is currently selling them for $348. While most of us don’t mind paying a bit of a premium for a new product, it’s hard to ignore the $118 you’d be saving by going with the renewed Sony WH1000XM3.
Sony WH-1000XM3 Specs
- Weight: 254 grams
- Drivers: 40mm Liquid Crystal Polymer drivers
- Bluetooth: 4.2, 30-foot range
- Ambient Noise Cancellation: Yes, HD Noise Canceling Processor QN1
- Ports: USB-C (charging port), 3.5mm
- Battery Life: 30 hours (10-minute quick charge for 5 hours of playback)
- Controls: touch & buttons
- Digital Assistant: Google Assistant, Alexa, Siri integration
- Colors: Black & Platinum Silver
NOTE: Links in this article may include affiliate codes that help us keep Phandroid up and running.