Our smartphones run into problems every now and then, whether it be a virus attack, software issues, or simply a corrupted SD card, in which the data on our phones might be lost as a result. Or you might have simply accidentally deleted a file, photo, or text message that you didn’t mean to and are trying to get it back.
It can also be handy if you’re looking to sell off your smartphone and want to ensure that even after you reset your phone to factory settings, that all the data is truly deleted.
If you were worried that you might have to send your smartphone to a data recovery professional and pay them hundreds of dollars to retrieve your lost data, not to worry because CleverFiles’ Disk Drill could help solve that problem.
The entire recovery process is pretty simple and straightforward and can be used with any Android smartphone, whether it be a Pixel/Nexus handset, a Samsung phone, a tablet, and so on, making it one of the best software for Mac around.
Use Disk Drill to Recover Deleted Files From Android On Mac
- To begin the recovery process, first, you’d need to head on over to CleverFiles’ website and download its Disk Drill for macOS.
- You’ll also want to stop using all programs on your Android smartphone. This is because as you use your phone, more data is being written to the system, which could make the recovery process more complicated than necessary.
- Next, get the cable for your Android smartphone and plug your handset into your computer.
- Upon successful detection, your handset should be detected as a Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) device. You will then need to turn on USB debugging on your Android handset.
- At this point, you will be required to have an Android smartphone that is already rooted. This is because Disk Drill will require deeper access into your smartphone than most apps would. If you don’t know how to root your smartphone, you can check out XDA’s very comprehensive guide. Also, before rooting your smartphone, a good idea is to back it up just in case anything goes wrong.
- Upon successful rooting of your Android smartphone, you will now be able to use Disk Drill’s software with your smartphone. All you need to do is ensure your phone is connected, launch Disk Drill on your Mac, and click the “Recover” button and wait while the software scans your phone.
- Once the scan is complete, you’ll be able to browse all the files that it has found on your smartphone, even the ones that you deleted and thought were lost for good.
- Select the files that you want to recover, hit the “Recover” button, and they will be extracted to a folder of your choosing.
- You can keep repeating this process as many times as you’d like, and it won’t be limited to just Android smartphones as it can also be used to recover files on your computer.
Why Use Disk Drill?
While there are plenty of other Android recovery tools available, one of the upsides to Disk Drill is its incredibly clean interface and its ease of use, so if you’re familiar with the Wondershare data recovery software for Android, then you should have no problems with using Disk Drill.
Apart from the slightly complicated process that is required to root your smartphone, the process of recovering your data is pretty straightforward. It almost feels like you’re browsing your smartphone through a file explorer, making the process of data recovery feel a lot less intimidating than you thought.
It also comes with handy features, such as being able to save a scan session which lets you pick up where you left off. You will also be able to sort files by non-hidden, hidden, and also if you’re looking for specific file types such as pictures, video, audio, or documents, you can do that as well. This, we believe, makes Disk Drill one of the best Android data recovery software and best recovery apps for Android available.
The best part is that Disk Drill can be downloaded for free. The Basic version of the software allows users to do a scan of their devices to make sure that the files they want to recover can be recovered. This means that if you’d rather not spend money on an app before knowing it works, you won’t have to with Disk Drill. Users will be required to upgrade to the Pro version if they want to complete the recovery process.